Tuesday, March 3, 2009

My Little Girl is Twenty-five

Our daughter turns twenty-five today. She's living under our roof right now so, last night before I retired I requested that she not get me up at 3:00 AM like she did twenty-five years ago.

I am not sure there is any significance in her turning twenty-five. She's about to finish graduate school and set out on a career as a worship leader. She is a gifted singer/songwriter and plays multiple instruments. Yes, I am proud of her but then I am proud of her two older brothers as well.

My message to parents today is, it's worth it. There is no greater joy than watching your kids grow up. If we are there to help them cast a vision for themselves and then support them in that effort, they will probably turn out ok. The important thing is that we give them the foundation to build that life on. That comes through imparting values and providing them with spiritual roots.

Secondly, enjoy this time. Our kids grow up way too fast.

Happy Birthday, Katie. Thanks for the memories and God's blessings on the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment