Saturday, March 21, 2020

Rocking through the New Normal


This is day fourteen of our self-isolation.  Other than my daily afternoon walk, I have only left the house on two occasions; to pick up family at the airport and to go to Ace Hardware for a couple of household items (don’t worry they delivered them to my car).  I am getting a lot of writing done and have spent the evenings doing lots of reading.  Other than the 5:30 national news, I have watched very little TV.  Oh, and I have added so new terms to my vocabulary; self-distancing, pre-existing conditions, self-isolation and Zoom Conferencing. 

I am also spending more than my usual time in God’s Word.  One Psalm in particular has brought me hope.

Hear my cry, O God; listen to my prayer.
From the ends of the earth I call to you,
I call as my heart grows faint:
Lead me to a rock that is higher than I.
For you have been my refuge; a strong tower against the foe.
I long to dwell in your tent forever and
take refuge in the shelter of your wings.
Psalm 61: 1-4

While this is a new experience for me, as it is for all of us, God’s track record with plagues and pestilence is pretty good.  He has always delivered his people and kept them safe.  Jesus sacrifice on the cross provides victory over death, so what’s a little Coronavirus.  
His Resurrection victory provides me with the hope I need to live courageously even when I am confined to the house.  I am standing on “a rock” that is stronger that any virus. 


No comments:

Post a Comment